rtMedia Core had a major release earlier this month, bumping its version number to 4.2. We wrote another blog post earlier this month to detail what’s new.
Through the course of this month, we also released updates for four of our Premium addons. Listed below are changelogs that detail every new feature, addition & fix.
rtMedia View Counter
v1.2.2 [Oct 31, 2016]
The rtMedia View Counter addon can now tell you who viewed your media and how long back. This provides a way for media owners to see their audience, making it a great addition for websites that have a lot of content creators.
- Media owners can now click on the view count to see who viewed their media and when
- Added: Filter to change the “x Views” string [Doc]
rtMedia Upload by URL
v1.1.4 [Nov 23, 2016]
The uploader interface has been reworked to allow you to add descriptions or custom attributes while adding files.
- Custom Attributes can be set during upload (requires rtMedia Custom Attributes)
- Media not appearing after upload from Media Gallery
- Media description not getting saved
rtMedia Custom Attributes
v1.2.1 & v1.2.2 [Nov 23, 2016]
Improvments to how custom attributes will be aligned, managed and saved.
- “Options” missing in Media Gallery
- Attribute alignment issues in lightbox
- Media attributes not getting saved during multiple media upload
- Media attributes not getting updated in backend “Media” tab after adding, deleting or editing them
- Custom attribute not getting saved when uploaded via URL (requires rtMedia Upload By URL)
v1.1.7 [Nov 25, 2016]
The new “Screen Options” makes it easier for you to manage your community. You can now directly edit media from the Moderation tab on your website’s dashboard.
- Added the “Screen Options” tab to Moderation section
- Added: “Date” filter to Moderation section
- Admins can now edit reported media directly from the Moderation section
- Changed content of media report notification email
- Backend sorting functionality
- PHP warning notice
- License notice displaying over page title
How do I update?
Update any rtMedia addon from the WordPress backend on a website that has an active license key. Alternatively, you can download the latest zip file from your Account Page.
If you are looking to purchase any of our 40+ premium addons & themes, please head over to our Product Store. Every product comes with 1 year of guaranteed updates and access to our Premium Support channel.
We have extended our Cyber Monday sale period to the 30th November, 2016. In case you missed it, we are running a flat 50% discount on all of our Premium Addons & Themes with coupon code CYBER50.