Today we have released a new plugin – rtAmazon S3. This plugin automatically uploads WordPress media library attachment files to Amazon S3 bucket.
It has few more options like:
- Bulk uploading all past uploads
- Serving files from S3 URLs
- Enable deletion of local file copies
This plugin was initially planned as an addon for rtMedia. But then our WordPress-Nginx managed hosting team showed interest in it to setup autoscaling WordPress instance. Our system admin team was not happy with existing Amazon S3 plugins they were using.
- You can use Amazon S3 as backup for all WordPress file uploads.
- You can host and serve files from Amazon S3, deleting local file copies to save local disk space.
- Using WordPress with Amazon Elastic Beanstalk or any autoscaling cloud environment. Here you need to have all files served from a central storage.
rtAmazon S3 plugin requires an Amazon AWS account.
You can purchase the rtAmazon S3 plugin from our store. Pricing starts from USD 29 for single site license.
We have plans to add some more features to this plugin which may increase the price. But we always offer 50% discount on license renewal on old prices.