- Automatically upload WordPress media library attachments (files) to Amazon S3 bucket.
- “Batch upload” option to all previously uploaded media files on WordPress sites.
- Supports Amazon S3 prefix (virtual folder) so all Amazon S3 buckets can be shared across multiple sites.
- Option to automatically rewrite attachment URLs in posts to server files from Amazon S3 URLs.
- Option to delete local copies of files after uploading to S3 bucket.
- Create new s3 bucket from plugin settings.
Provided wp-config.php defines. Server team can only implement and change all the features of this plugin. Please follow these simple steps to get Amazon S3 add-on running:
- Download rtAmazon S3 plugin from your My Account Section.
- Go to WordPress site dashboard and navigate to
Plugins > Add New > Upload.
- Select the
rtamazon-s3.zipfile from your computer and click upload.
- Click Install Now button and Activate the Plugin.
rtAmazon S3tab will be added under WordPress dashboard.
- Add amazon s3
Access key IDand
secret access keyin the provided settings.
- Why another WordPress to Amazon S3 upload plugin?
- Where are the settings for this plugin?
- What are the requirements for this plugin?
- How long will I be eligible for upgrades?
- What will happen if I do not upgrade after a year?
- I want to report a bug/request a feature?
Q. Why another WordPress to Amazon S3 upload plugin?
We know there are many existing plugins which provides such feature. We tested few of them but they all left something to desire (for us). Hence we created our own plugin for which we can give you quality support, regular updates and add some features and reporting. If you are already using a plugin which is working nice for you, it’s better to keep using it. 🙂
Q. Where are the settings for this plugin?
Settings can be found under a new top-level menu called
rtAmazon S3 in WordPress dashboard. Also server admin can define all the options on this plugin under wp-config.php file. In-fact all the plugin settings can be disable, so that website admin can’t see any of the plugin settings. Read document here
Q. What are the requirements for this plugin?
You need to have Amazon AWS account. Billing and support for Amazon AWS account will be handled by Amazon.
Q. How long will I be eligible for upgrades?
We will be providing upgrades for one year from your date of purchase.
Q. What will happen if I do not upgrade after a year?
The copy of code on your server will continue to work without any issue. You will lose access to new features and premium support only. You can renew your license anytime for 50% discount.
Q. I want to report a bug/request a feature?
Please feel free to use our support forum to report any bugs or request a feature.
Version 1.6.4, July 14, 2022
- Compatible with WordPress latest version 6.0.1
- Broken image displayed on the activity page if s3 is enabled
- PHP warnings, notices and error messages
- Issue related to custom filter
Version 1.6.3, September 22, 2020
- JS Issue with Media Library in Grid view
Version 1.6.2, January 9, 2019
- Allow edit operation to an image which is uploaded to S3 from WordPress media library
- Issue with uploaded media while changing the S3 bucket
- Minor bugs
- Warnings and notices
Version 1.6.1, October 9, 2018
- Added: Action to get details of uploaded and transcoded file which is sent to s3 for upload [Doc]
- License status for expired keys
- Issue with uploaded media having same name when media files are not saved locally
- Broken image issue if the S3 bucket name is separated by a dot
Version 1.6.0, August 8, 2018
- Added: Filter to add extra header information with media files to be uploaded on S3 [Doc]
- Added new admin setting to integrate with new personal data Erase/Export tools in WordPress 4.9.6 [Doc]
- Cached the image variation results to reduce Database Calls
- Added support for IAM account having single bucket permission [Doc]
- Renamed following WP-CLI commands for simplicity: - wp rtamazon _count TO wp rtamazon count - wp rtamazon _rtawss3_bulk_upload TO wp rtamazon bulk-upload - wp rtamazon verify_settings TO wp rtamazon verify
- Broken media thumbnail while uploading PDF files
- Escaping for HTML block used with admin setting
- URL issue with Asset files while using different plugin folder
- Added Improved indexing on the database table
- PHP notice and minor bugs
Version 1.5.2,July 3, 2017
- Added: Filter to limit bucket names from bucketlist under rtAmazon settings [ Doc ]
- Invalid request media calls to the S3 server when credentials are missing in admin settings
- WordPress database error when activating plugin for the first time
Version 1.5.1 Apr 20, 2017
- Added: Filter to specify media type being uploaded to the S3 bucket [ Doc ]
- Bucket options not working using constants defined in the config file
- Remove hardcoded wp-content text in preview url
Version 1.5 Apr 14, 2017
- Replace language domain constant with language domain name
- Add indexing for
rtamazon_s3_mediatable columns to improve the database performance
- Add notice to rtAmazon settings page for the bucket name separated by a dot
- Incorrect urls for media when bucket name is separated by a dot
- Site loading speed by checking empty keys under rtAmazon settings page
- AWS urls are now served according to the site configuration(http/https)
Version 1.4, 31 Jan, 2017 ENHANCEMENTS
- The rtAmazon CLI - ( Requires WP-CLI installed on the server )
- The filter to enable the altering of the HTTPS to HTTP in URL
- Bucket options were not working using constants defined in config file
- The fatal error when bucket is not selected
Version 1.3.9, 21 Nov, 2016 FIXED
- Table entries used to get deleted when bucket is not found on AWS
- Now table entries get deleted when bucket is deleted manually
- Now user can remove the access key and ID from input box
Version 1.3.8, 10 Oct, 2016
- Added S3 URL support for the multisite
- Fixed rtmedia compatibility issue
Version 1.3.7, 23 Sep, 2016
- Added compatibility with rtMedia Photo Filter addon
- Fixed attachment metadata getting sent to the amazon S3 issue
Version 1.3.6, 19 Sep, 2016
- Fixed save settings issue
Version 1.3.5, 12 Sep, 2016
- Upload the transcoded medias to AWS when attachment is send to AWS
- Hide WordPress Media URL when Delete uploaded media files from local server option On
- Fix attachment upload issue from media library
- Add filter for srcset to change image url to s3 url
Version 1.3.4, 30 Sep, 2015
- Enhancement: Added new function to re-upload file using attachment id
Version 1.3.3, 24 Aug, 2015
- Enhancement: Improved load speed of bucket objects admin page
Version 1.3.2, 04 Aug, 2015
- Fixed: Required php version check
Version 1.3.1, 15 Jul, 2015
- Fixed: Create new Bucket popup issue
Version 1.3, 13 Jul, 2015
- Enhancement: wp-config support for S3 options added. Read more
- Enhancement: Reupload all media. Read more
- Enhancement: Performance optimization
Version 1.2, 03 Jul, 2015
- Enhancement: Performance optimization
Version 1.1.1, 01 Jul, 2015
- Bug fix: SSL check for custom domain in URL configuration
Version 1.1, 30 Jun, 2015
- Enhancement: Different options for file url
Version 1.0.8, 26 May, 2015
- Enhancement: Optimized pagination on upload media and bucket objects page.
- Enhancement: Improved validations.
Version 1.0.7, 21 May, 2015
- Bug fix: Uploading media issue in Frankfurt region
- Bug fix: Bucket does not exist when directly deleted from S3 console
Version 1.0.6, 19 May, 2015
- Bug fix: Settings page issue for Frankfurt region
Version 1.0.5, 06 May, 2015
- Bug fix: Delete attachment issue
Version 1.0.4, 05 May, 2015
- Bug fix: Fixed fatal error issue caused by bucket region
Version 1.0.3, 30 Apr, 2015
- Bug fix: 301 PermanentRedirectionExeception caused by non US region bucket names
Version 1.0.2, 30 Apr, 2015
- Bug fix: Skip not found attachments from upload all attachments to Amazon S3
Version 1.0.1, 30 Apr, 2015
- Bug fix: Upload all attachments to Amazon S3
Version 1.0, 29 Apr, 2015
- Feature: Allow site admin to set amazon S3 account.
- Feature: Upload all the media on amazon S3 bucket.
- Feature: Provided an option to set a parent folder in which the uploads will happen in the S3 bucket.
- Feature: Option to keep local media after upload to S3 bucket.
- Feature: Option to use real time media upload on S3.
- Feature: Create amazon s3 bucket from plugin settings.
- Feature: Move media from one bucket to another in S3 account.