Sponsoring a feature is a quick and generous way to get desired functionality in rtMedia core.
- Assured compatibility with future WordPress/BuddyPress releases at no extra cost.
- You can influence certain details of the feature you sponsor, as long as it blends well with the overall project.
- Branded release to give you and/or your project due credit and mentions in release notes, blog post, newsletter, etc.
- Priority support: We don’t have a premium support but it’s human nature to have a soft corner for people who help you in your mission. So, your voice will be heard first.
- Good karma!
- Has anyone done this before?
- How much will it cost?
- What if, after sponsoring a feature, I realize that the cost is shooting up?
- How does sponsorship differ from bespoke (work-for-hire) customization?
- Can I sponsor anything I want?
- Can we sponsor as a group?
- Can I keep my sponsorship a secret (private)?
- How do I pay?
- When will I need to Pay?
Q1. Has anyone done this before?
Q2. How much will it cost?
The cost depends on the efforts required for the feature you are looking for.
Still, to give you a rough estimate, USD 500-2000 is a common range. We accept sponsorship of lesser values too, if you are looking for something really small. Please contact us for more details and the exact cost.
Q3. What if, after sponsoring a feature, I realize that the cost is shooting up?
Please don’t worry about cost overruns. As we proceed, it might happen that we find new improvements and/or technical challenges that can increase efforts. In such a case, we will not request additional sponsorship. Though, we won’t mind if you are willing to share the financial burden!
Q4. How does sponsorship differ from bespoke (work-for-hire) customization?
Features we develop under sponsorship, cost way less than bespoke customization. On the other hand, in work-for-hire gigs, you get fine-grain control over what we develop. In both cases, we try our best to code the additional functionality, in a future-safe manner.
Q5. Can I sponsor anything I want?
Actually, no. We accept sponsorship for features that integrate well into BuddyPress-Media open-source edition only. If your requirement is complex, we will divide it into parts. Requirements that fit well with BuddyPress-Media (open-source) can be sponsored. For the rest, you can hire us to develop it for you.
Q6. Can we sponsor as a group?
Certainly yes! You can team up with other users and co-sponsor a feature. If you share the same need, it will cost lesser. You can start a topic in the support-forum to invite other members from the community.
Q7. Can I keep my sponsorship a secret (private)?
Sure. If you wish to remain anonymous, we’d respect that and keep your information private. Alternatively, you may ask us to use a pseudonym of your choice for the sponsored release.
Q8. How do I pay?
Any way you prefer – PayPal, Credit-Card, Wire Transfer. We accept BitCoins too. 😉
Q9. When will I need to Pay?
You need to pay fully, in advance. This way, there won’t be any surprises as we will brainstorm well to give you a realistic delivery date and other details of the work to be done.
Should you have any other questions, get in touch with us. Simply send us an email at [email protected].