The Photo Tagging Addon lets your users tag their friends on any photos owned by the user or his/her friends. Once tagged, a user will receive a BuddyPress notification. Photo tagging is also fully supported on BuddyPress Group media.
If you have questions, feel free to ask us.
Please follow these simple steps to get your Photo Tagging add-on running.
- Download rtMedia Photo Tagging plugin from your My Account Section.
- Go to
Plugins > Add New > Upload. Please select the
bpm-photo-tagging.zipfile from your computer and click upload.
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ section.
- Done. Your users will now be able to tag photos.
- Why do I need this add-on?
- Where are the settings for this addon?
- How does the tagging work?
- Will a user who is tagged, receive a notification?
- Can a user turn off the notifications?
- Does this work in BuddyPress Groups?
- Is the current plugin version Translation-ready?
- I want to report a bug/request a feature?
- How long will I be eligible for upgrades?
Q. Why do I need this add-on?
The Photo Tagging Addon lets your users tag themselves and their friends on photos. Once tagged, a user will receive a BuddyPress notification.
This addon increases site engagement and interaction between your users, for a better social experience.
Q. Where are the settings for this add-on?
There are no settings. rtMedia Photo Tagging add-on is a true plug-and-play addon. Just install it and your users can start tagging right away!
Q. How does the tagging work?
If it has been uploaded by himself or by a friend, they get an option to tag it. Users can only tag themselves and their friends.
Users click on the “Tag Photo” option to begin tagging their friends. Auto-completion is fully supported, so a user only needs to type the first couple of letters of a friend’s name.
After tagging, the photo description will be updated. Tag boxes will appear on mouse hover.
Q. Will users who are tagged receive a notification?
Yes, they will see a standard BuddyPress notification (in the admin bar). They will also receive an email, unless this setting is turned off in their notification settings.
Q. Can a user turn off notifications?
Yes, like any other notification, photo tagging notifications can be muted.
Q. Does this work in BuddyPress Groups?
Yes, starting version 2.4, tagging in BuddyPress Groups is fully supported.
Q. Is the current plugin version translation-ready?
Yes, it is translation ready. The .po and .mo files are included.
Q. I want to report a bug/request a feature?
Please feel free to use our support forum to report any bugs or request a feature.
Q. How long will I be eligible for upgrades?
We will provide upgrades up to one year from your date of purchase.
Version 2.4.2, January 2, 2018Enhancements
- Improved update plugin script
- Added document link in plugin screen
Version 2.4.1 Jan 18, 2017
- Improved search results for tagging friends
Version 2.4 Dec 16, 2016
- Added : Photo tagging for BuddyPress group media
- Improved photo tagging process. No need to reload page for tagname to appear
- Updated the license activation classes
- Added profile picture with username when user is tagged
- Improved photo tagging UI
- z-index issue with photo tagging UI
- Down arrow key adding HTML while tagging
- Delete notification with media delete
- Added GPLv2 or Later License explicitly
- Updated EDD License library
- Add a list of tagged user on photo information lightbox
- Media author and tagged person can remove tag now
- Fix CSS issue
- Added new hooks and filter
- Updated admin options UI
- Fix plugin update
- Fix possible XSS vulnerability
- Fix plugin slug
- Fix upload folder & plugin URI
- Fix form submit button name
This product comes with guaranteed updates for 1 site for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- You can install/use this product on any number of sites.
- Price includes 1 year access to our premium support forum for 1 licensed site only.
- Price includes 1 year of free updates. If no updates are released within 1 year of purchase, your license can be extended to cover the next update free of cost.
If you have questions, feel free to get in touch with us.
We urge you to visit our Demo site. If you have any questions about demo site or a feature, feel free to post them in our pre-sales support forum. As always, we offer a 30-days refund policy just in case things don’t work out! ?