The converted video quality is not up-to the mark like youtube and other video converting/hosting sites. Please cross check our demo site by uploading videos.
Kaltura Add-on automatically converts videos uploaded with rtMedia. It converts many popular audio and video formats to HTML5 supported MP3 and MP4 files.
- Uses Kaltura.com account, a Self Hosted Kaltura CE or Kaltura On-Prem TM Edition
- Media (audio/video) is hosted on Kaltura server!
- Auto generates thumbnails for videos
- Uses Kaltura’s media player instead of MediaElement, for multimedia display
How it works…
You need a Kaltura account or alternatively you can have a Kaltura CE, or Kaltura On-Prem installed on your server. Check Kaltura Deployment Options for details.
- When a user uploads a video file, the plugin will check if the file is in a compatible file format.
- If the uploaded video file requires to be converted, the file will be sent to the Kaltura Server for conversion.
- The media will be fetched from the Kaltura server for display.
This product comes with guaranteed-update.
- You can use this add-on on any number of sites.
- Price includes 1-year of forum support. Support will be provided for 1-site only.
- Price includes 1-year of free updates. If you do not receive any update within 1-year form the date of your purchase, your license will be extended to cover next upgrade for free of cost.
- This product is configured to automatically update itself. As of now no activation key is required to get future updates.
Please follow these simple steps to get your Kaltura add-on running.
- Once you complete the purchase, you will get a download link for rtMedia Kaltura
- Go to
Plugins > Add New > Upload. Please select the
bpm-kaltura.zipfile from your computer and click upload.
- Activate it through the ‘Plugins’ section.
Settings > rtMedia > Kaltura. (Media setting tab is added by free rtMedia plugin)
Enter your Host, User ID, Partner ID, Sub Partner ID, Administrator Secret and User Secret. (You’ll get these values by logging into
> Settings > IntegrationSettings)
- Done. Your rtMedia Kaltura Addon is ready to use.
- Now try uploading a video/audio through rtMedia and see the magic.
- Why do I need Kaltura add-on?
- What are the additional file formats supported?
- How to manage my upload file size limit?
- Is the current plugin version Translation-ready?
- I want to report a bug/request a feature?
- How long will I be eligible for upgrades?
If you have any suggestion for a feature, please let us know on our support forum.
Q. Why do I need Kaltura add-on?
Our free plugin allows users to upload videos only in one file format(*.mp4). Kaltura add-on removes this restriction and provides support for additional, popular video file formats.
Q. What are the additional file formats supported?
Here is a list for additional video formats that are supported by the Kaltura add-on plugin.
Video : *.avi, *.mkv, *.asf, *.flv, *.wmv, *.rm, *.mpg
Q. How to manage my upload file size limit?
You might need to manage your upload file size limit for uploaded video files.This is because video files size usually tend to be large. Please see this tutorial for precise instructions.
Q. Is the current plugin version Translation-ready?
It is not yet translation ready. But we are working on it and will soon release a translation friendly version.
Q. I want to report a bug/request a feature?
Please feel free to use our support forum to report any bugs or request a feature.
Q. How long will I be eligible for upgrades?
- Update kaltura lib
- Fix conflict with rtMedia ratings add-on
- Fix player height issue
- Updated admin option UI
- Bug fixes
- Fix plugin update
- Fix possible XSS vulnerability
- Fixed lightbox issue
- Fix changelog issue
- Use dynamic embed method instead of legacy swfObject
- Option to choose player