Enable users to upload and view documents files (pdf, doc, txt) in a lightbox on your website itself.
This addon also allows users to upload files of almost any type, including the ones supported by WordPress.
User uploads of all file types are enabled across all upload locations, including the Activity feed, Posts & Pages and the rtMedia Anywhere Uploader shortcode.
This product comes with guaranteed updates for 1 site for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
- You can install/use this product on any number of sites.
- Price includes 1 year access to our premium support forum for 1 licensed site only.
- Price includes 1 year of free updates. If no updates are released within 1 year of purchase, your license will extend to cover the next update free of cost.
- This product is configured to provide automatically updates from the backend of your website itself. No license key is needed to update as of now.
If you have questions, feel free to get in touch with us.
- Why do I need this addon?
- Where are the Settings for this addon?
- From which locations can I upload files?
- Which file types can I upload?
- Can I upload file types not supported by WordPress?
- Does the Google document viewer require me or my users to login?
- What are the pre-requisites for this addon?
- Is this addon translation-ready?
- How do I report bugs or request new features?
- How long will I be eligible for updates?
- How many sites can I use this addon on?
- What will happen if I do not renew after a year? (How will it affect the plugin and related media/settings)
Q. Why do I need this addon?
The rtMedia Docs and Other files plugin is perfect for websites that rely on user-uploaded content.
Combined with rtMedia’s user networking capabilities, this plugin allows you to create a powerful platform for sharing files of any type, be it documents, archives, executable or even custom file types.
This plugin can be used on school & college student network sites, enthusiast’s forums, blogs and intranets.
Q. Where are the Settings for this addon?
Once installed, this plugin’s settings will appear under rtMedia > Settings > Types and rtMedia > Settings > Display > Miscellaneous.
Q. From which locations can I upload files?
You can upload files from all locations supported by rtMedia, viz., “Media” tab on Profile page, “Media” tab on Groups & Forum pages, Activity Stream & “Anywhere Uploader” created using shortcode. These locations are in addition to the default WordPress upload locations like Posts, Pages and backend Media tab.
Q. Which file types can I upload?
This plugin supports virtually any file type, including custom ones. You can allow users to upload common document types by enabling the Document setting. This will allow the following to be uploaded- txt, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, xps, pages.
If you would like to upload any other file type, you can do so by enabling the Other setting, and entering the file extension the File Extensions drop down. Multiple file types need to be separated by a comma.
Q. Can I upload file types not supported by WordPress?
Yes, you can enable support for file types not supported by WordPress. Adding a file extension to Other > File Extensions will create a custom MIME type.
Use this functionality at your own risk, as some files can be harmful to you or your users.
Q. Does the Google document viewer require me or my users to login?
No login is required for either you or your users.
We have integrated the Google document viewer into the plugin, so that your users can view docs, pdf, excel and other office documents without leaving your site. Additionally, when opened with the Google document viewer, all docs can be viewed in a new tab with “Pop-out” support.
Note that the viewer will only work for supported file types.
Q. What are the pre-requisites for this addon?
This addon will require WordPress 4.0+ and rtMedia to function. In addition, ensure that you have enough storage space on your server to accommodate user uploads.
Q. Is this addon translation-ready?
Yes, this plugin is translation-ready.
Q. How do I report bugs or request new features?
You can use our support page to report a bug or request new features.
Q. How long will I be eligible for updates?
This product comes with guaranteed updates for 1 site for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. If no updates are released within 1 year of purchase, your license will extend to cover the next update free of cost.
This product is configured to provide automatically updates from the backend of your website itself. No license key is needed to update as of now.
Q. How many sites can I use this addon on?
You can install/use this product on any number of sites, including on a localhost, testing site or custom development environment. However, we will provide premium support and updates for 1 licensed site only.
Q. What will happen if I do not renew after a year?
The copy of code on your server will continue to work without any issue. However, you will lose access to new features and premium support without a valid license. You can renew your license anytime for a 50% discount.
Follow these steps to get add-on setup and install:
- Download rtMedia Docs and Other files plugin from My Account Section.
- Go to WordPress site dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add New > Upload.
- Select the
rtmedia-docs-files.zipfile from your computer and click upload.
- Click Install Now button and Activate the Plugin.
- The plugin settings appear under rtMedia > Settings > Types and rtMedia > Settings > Display > Miscellaneous.
Read documentation here.
Version 1.3 Dec 6, 2016
- myCRED points can now be assigned when documents are uplaoded and viewed (requires rtMedia myCRED v1.2+)
- Added: Filter to change the default Google Docs viewer [Doc]
- Added: Descriptive example below
- Updated: Documentation for multi-part file extensions [Doc]
- Validator issue for
==Version 1.2.6==Jul 12, 2016
- Fix dependency issue with restriction addon
==Version 1.2.5==Jun 06, 2016
- Updated German language file
- Added GPLv2 or Later License explicitly
- Updated EDD License library
- Fix delete media action in table view
- Fix \"rtm_docs_file_add_column\" filter
- Fix conflict with rtMedia Sidebar Gallery Widget add-on
- Added filter to add columns in table view [Read More]
- Bug fixes
- Added language files
- Initial release