Today, we announce the release of rtMedia 3.0.12, with lots of enhancements and bug fixes!
Below is the list of enhancements we’ve made:
- Improved the CSS for Play and Pause buttons for videos to make them appear correctly.
- Added open graph meta details to enhance sharing on social media sites. Now, priority is given to SEO-related data of uploaded images. This works only when the WordPress SEO plugin is installed.
- Replaced the deprecated PHP function split; thank you kanakiyajay for your contribution.
Below is the list of bugs we’ve fixed:
- Fixed issue of inability to tag users in activity updates when media was uploaded.
- Fixed issue of group avatar uploads resulting in a blank page.
- Fixed issue related to free audio/video encoding trial.
- Corrected behavior of permalinks on sites that ran WordPress inside sub-directories.
- Addressed other minor bug fixes for issues reported on rtMedia’s support forum.
That was quite a long list of things that were dealt with – looks like this one’s the biggest minor release for rtMedia so far!
This release follows weeks of intense activity in the rtMedia development team, which saw a number of minor releases that introduced several new features leading up to version 3.0.10.
Additionally, we included profile pictures and links in media lightboxes in version 3.0.11, thanks to a sponsorship by Richard Ellis.
We thank you all for being part of a wonderful community of users, and hope to keep up our efforts to maintain the best media experience in WordPress.
Links: Subscribe to our rtMedia newsletter for updates | Avail of rtMedia’s free support