Below are some key feature added to the list:
- User-Album Support
- Ajaxified pagination to make it easy to view large albums.
- Multiple file uploads with progress bar
- Easy access to the backend admin-options
- Admin-option to disable download button below media files.
- Admin-bar media menu with submenu entries for users.
This version already have automated upgrade script built-in for old versions. As album support is newly added in this version, media files from old version will be moved to respective user’s “Wall Posts” (i.e. default album)
This release is coming out almost 2 weeks late compared to planned schedule. Delay was mainly because of restructuing and refactoring code-base. We hope that extra time & efforts we put in this release will make path ahead smoother.
We couldn’t add activity-integration for media in version 2.2 as planned before. Its pushed down to version 2.4.
In next release (v 2.3), we will be adding group-album support. Another much-demanded feature.
More details about our future plans can be found in our roadmap page.
Thanks to Gagan Deep Singh (GDS) and Umesh for all hard work. 🙂