Caution: Ensure that your WordPress database has been backed up before starting the migration.
- rtMedia needs two database tables i.e. wp_rt_rtm_media and wp_rt_rtm_media_meta. If it fails to create them, migration will NOT work.
- rtMedia migration is designed to run forever if the browser tab is kept open. To speed up migration, please deactivate other plugins.
- Apart from speed issues, other plugins can also interfere in the migration process.
- If you have a live site, create a test site with live data to first test the migration script.
- Make sure the test site has exactly the same server environment, permission and configuration. Otherwise, what works on the test site may fail on the live site.