Allow your users to download media directly from the rtMedia lightbox. Specify which types of media can be downloaded through this plugin.
Enable Download Button
To use this feature, the site admin first needs to enable the Direct Download option under Types tab from rtMedia admin settings.
How it works
To download a media or any other file:
- Click the item to open it on its individual page or lightbox.
- Click Download.
- Save the file on your computer using the file dialog that opens.
Disable “View Original” (optional)
If you would like to disable the “View Original” button that appears next to the “Download” button, please make the following changes to the plugin code:
- Go to
Editorand select “rtMedia Direct Download Link” from the drop down on the top right.
- Select “rtmedia-direct-download-link/app/RTMediaDownloads.php” from the
Plugin Filessection on the right.
- Scroll down until you see
add_action( 'rtmedia_action_buttons_after_media', array( $this, 'rtmedia_view_original_button' ), 11 );.
Add a double slash before the line so that it becomes
//add_action( 'rtmedia_action_buttons_after_media', array( $this, 'rtmedia_view_original_button' ), 11 );.
- Save the change by clicking on the “Update File” button at the bottom of the page.
The “View Original” button will no longer appear on your website.
Note: This change is a temporary one, and will be overwritten when you update the rtMedia Direct Download Link plugin. You will need to repeat this change when you update.
You must be logged in to post a comment.